Date:
Wed, 8 Apr 1998 03:48:53 -0700
>I've been reading with interest the posts on "dead ferret syndrome." When
>I got my first ferret, Zorro, I bought a couple of books on ferrets and
>checked out books on ferrets from the library.  -None- of them, that I can
>remember, mentioned anything about that charming and oh-so-nervewracking
>habit our fuzzies have of playing dead.

There is one book that does a 'fair to middlin' job of introducing its
readers to the world of ferrets.  (It DOES cover the Dead Ferret Syndrome)

The book is called FERRETS and written by Dr. Wendy Winsted.  Published
by t.f.h. Publications in 1989.  Their address is: 1 T.F.H Plaza, Third
and Union Aves., Neptune City, NJ, 07753.  Product number: KW-074

The book covers all aspects of ferrets, from general information,
differences between sexes, breeding, kits, training, toys, cautions,
grooming, hygene, personalities, etc.  It also has some 90 odd color pics
that are very well done.

This is a hard back book with 128 pages.  Our pet store here in Reno
carries it so it is available through pet store distributors.

MC  (The Rude One)