From:
"Holly S. DiMeglio" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Aug 1996 17:11:26 -0800
The time has come for those of us in Alaska to have a ferret club of our
own.  I have been in contact with a few folks and they agree that we need to
get something going up here.  I am more than happy to get the ball rolling
on this project, but I'm going to need a lot of help/imput from existing
clubs out there.  As I have told those I've been in contact with, I want to
take my time with this.  I am in no hurry to have a club in place by Sept.
or anything like that.  I would rather take the time to do some planning &
research before getting out there and finding myself in over my head and
losing any credibility.  I do not claim to be any type of expert at all.
The only thing I KNOW, is how much I love my fuzzbutts (and that others
equally love theirs).

If anyone can help me out with examples of things that their clubs do at
meetings, gatherings, etc.  I would greatly appreciate ANY AND ALL HELP I
could get.  I bet BIG would prefer that you e-mail me directly on this one
(at least I hope I get the kind of response from the FML folks that he wants
you to reply directly to me!).  I'm sure I will.

On another note, Tequila is continuing to slowly grow hair.  The last two
days she seems to be out running around more.  The problem is she is so
determined to get into the spare bedroom that the ONLY thing she does is
scratch at that door.  It is driving me crazy!!  I have tried everything to
no avail.  She laughed at me when I sprayed the area with vinegar, she
stopped scratching for all of 5 seconds.  So I decided that as long as she
was scratching the door & not the carpet, I'd leave her alone.  After 10
minutes of scratching and no attention from me, she has finally stopped.
She came in here and wanted to know why I wasn't going out to stop her.
Kahlua has suddenly turned into the angel I've always known she is.  She has
left me no presents around the house, runs back to use her litter box, or
the cats.

Last thought.  Ferret math going on in my head.  I've already called and
left a message with an organization called Friends of Pets to contact me
when they get a ferret (or two) in.  My question is this: Is it wise to
bring another ferret into the house with Tequila being not quite up to par?
She isn't SICK, she just isn't as active as she used to be.  I don't want to
stress her out by bringing another ferret into the house.  She is dominant
over Kahlua, so I don't want her to feel threatened by my bringing another
ferret in.  But at the same time, I feel bad for Kahlua, because she wants
to play with her sister, and it just doesn't happen.  I try to entertain
her, but I know it's not the same.  Any thoughts?

TNT
Holly