Date:
Sun, 7 Dec 2003 17:26:35 -0800
Hi, all-

I met a little guy coming across the Bridge the other day.  He was very
calm about the whole thing, and very curious about what sort of a new
world he had entered.  His name was Bubbles Da Warweezil, and he was so
happy to see his sister in Fur, CussieAngelWeezil!  Bubbles and Cussie
nuzzled and sniffed one another carefully, getting re-acquained with one
another's scent.  (This is very important for us ferrets, we live a whole
other dimension of life with our noses that you hoomins can't possibly
understand.  Your snouts are too small!)

Bubbles told Cussie and me that he knew he was going to cross the
Bridge, but it was very hard on his hoomins.  Yes, his final illness was
uncomfortable, but it didn't last too long.  For him, anyway.  He could
smell the fear on his Mommy and Daddy.  They tried so hard to comfort
him!  He said it was very good to be in his Daddy's strong, safe arms
when it was time to cross.  It was good to have his fur stroked, and to
feel how much he was loved.  Someday, a long time from now, he will see
them again.

And so will Cussie, if she can slow down long enough!  I barely had a
chance to speak with Bubbles and get him oriented before she took us on
a tour of her own.  The first stop?  The Crocheted Egg Pit!

The Egg Pit is very popular.  There is a long path through the grass and
the bushes that leads to it.  The path is made up of blue-gray slate
flagstones that get really warm in the sun.  The Egg Pit is shaped
like an egg, and lined with more of the slate.  It's as big a a hoomin
bathtub, and a line of bright colored pansies grows all around it.  How
deep does it go?  Nobody knows!  How many eggs?  Millions, I am sure.
Big eggs, small eggs, wonderful bright colors and pastels, some with
rattles, some with bells.  You can scramble and dig in the eggs, or take
them away for play and stashing, maybe both.

Cussie just ran right up to it at full gallop and jumped right in,
Bubbles jumped in after her with no hesitation at all!  In fact I think
he took a couple of the pansies in with him.  I caught up to them in a
few seconds, and dove in myself.  It was wonderful!  Wooden eggs, plastic
eggs, real hollow shell eggs.  (How does the Big Boss do that?)  Eggs
made from sugar candy, eggs made from marble or blown from glass.  We
just rolled and dove and laughed!

Finally, we got tired and hungry.  We decided to go to the Fruit Bar, and
see what was there today.

Bubbles did take an egg away with him in his teeth.  It is small, and
hollow, made from pure silver.  It's yarn is a mesh of fine gold wire.
When he sees his Mommy, he is going to give it to her!

Sandee