From:
Risa Di Vincenzo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Nov 2005 08:01:54 -0500
Hello.  My Mikette has been on pred and diaoxide for insulinoma for a
couple of years.  Recently we added lasix because the pred was causing
fluid buildup in her lungs.  The vet mentioned that lasix can be very
dehydrating.

Mikette gets duck soup twice a day and dry kibble the rest of the time.
She has gotten dehydrated (I've noticed from the scruff test).  Does
anyone have any ideas to help keep her hydrated.  She drinks on her own
but not enough apparently.  When I feed her water from my finger she'll
drink anytime.  When she was first put on it I bought the unflavored
electrolyte water (for kids) and she liked it, but it only stays good
in the fridge for two days.  Should I put it out for her all the time?
Anything else that can help?!

Thanks
Risa