From:
Bill Sebok <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Wed, 18 Nov 1992 10:13:42 -0500
> From:   [log in to unmask] (Ron Ackermann)
> Also, could someone please tell me what a ferret hammock is, how to
> build one or where to buy one?  I read about them here in the newsletter
> but I haven't found anyone around here who knows what they are.  Thanks
> for any info.

A ferret hammock is a square of heavy material with a fleecy circle in the
center.  A cord is tied to each corner to tie the hammock to the cage.  Our
ferrets love their hammocks but they also like to have a basket full of towels
or a "Snooze Tube" (see below) so they can decide where to sleep and maybe
cover themselves up if they are cold.

Ferret hammocks can be obtained from "FerretStuff" (P.O. Box 65125, Virginia
Beach, VA 23464, phone 1-804-479-4989).  They were about $10 each.  We have
also seen them at a few pet shops in our (Washington/Baltimore) area, and they
are usually available at ferret shows.

"Snooze Tubes" are tubes of a soft material, something like a sleeping bag
with both ends open.  We obtained two of them from "Ferret Fair" (P.O. Box 952,
Westmont, IL, 60559) for about $10 each.  My wife also made one of them from
ribbed knit material ordered from a fabric shop.

Bill and Clare Sebok  Univ. of Maryland, Astronomy  Internet: [log in to unmask]