From:
Tryntje Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Mar 1997 16:41:56 -0500
Hello there.

Thanks to those who responded, both on the FML and off, about Jasper, our
deaf fuzzy.  There were absolutely no differences in opinion and they all
confirmed what I had thought already.  It is good to have ideas confirmed.
I can now feel at ease again.

re.  Mookie.  There was only one response to my post concerning Mookie.  I
will re-state here very briefly and perhaps someone can still answer.
Mookie is a whole male.  I know that when whole males are fixed, they
eventually become a different ferret.  We have had several go through this
and have been transformed.  If a whole male is vasectomized, will anything
change, except for his ability to reproduce?  Will he still be as aggressive
or will his behaviour change?

re.  Nikki.  A while back I wrote concerning our Nikki.  I had 3 replies,
one each from Melissa Litwicki, Trish and Dick Bossart.  Thank you.  I don't
believe that I ever wrote to say thank you.  It was back when we were trying
to deal with a very sick Snoopy and some things fell between the cracks.  I
did appreciate your responses.  Nikki is a 5 yr. old female who has always
had a hefty fur coat until this year.  She basically did not get a winter
coat and is gradually losing what she has.  There is a patch and the base of
her tail that is bald and her chest is getting bald and now the back of her
neck is getting very thin and is balding.  Our regular vet does not do
adrenal cancer and we took her to a good, ferret knowledgeable vet who found
her to be a very healthy babe.  He was willing to do a Tennessee panel for
her but when we considered all of the pros and cons many times over, we
decided not to go through with it.  There are many reasons for this so I
don't need to be flamed.  She is still very active and eats, drinks, and
poops well.  By the time she goes through everything we won't be prolonging
her life a whole lot and to put this frail, skiddish, fearful little dear
through all of that was not worth it.  (There are more reasons too - again,
please no flaming.)

Anyways, thanks again to all who take time to reply to my many queries.
It sure is great having all of you to call on when in trouble.  I sure
couldn't do without you.

Tryntje Miller                   Net:[log in to unmask]
Conrad Grebel College Library    Tel: (519) 885-0220 ext. 239
Waterloo, Ontario                Fax: (519) 885-0014
N2L 3G6