From:
Bruce Rein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Sep 1995 04:14:46 -0700
Hello Everyone:

The last time I was able to sit down and post anything on the fml was months
and months ago.  I have been so busy this summer running the FFCR  it has
been hard to find the time to enjoy this wonderful resource.  I honestly
don't know what I would do without Sheena's help.  Thank you so much Sheena!

I am saddend by the misunderstanding and consequent criticism of Dr. Huff.
I must take a few moments to set the record straight regarding  the error
that was made about the "$80.00" fee that Dr. Huff charges for euthanasia.
As Sheena mentioned, this fee of $80.00 would only be charged in the
following circumstance.  1) This was the very first time Dr. Huff ever saw
the animal  2) After examination and consultation it is determined that the
animal should be euthanized 3) The animal is euthanized 4) The body is sent
out for cremation and disposal.

The last thing in the world that Dr. Huff is, is a rip off artist.  Far from
it,  he has donated countless hours of veterinary care  to many animal
rescue operations including the local Reptile Refuge, OWL (a local wildlife
rehab. center) and the Ferrets & Friends Club and Rescue.  To name a few.

Without Dr. Huff's care, compassion and generosity the FFCR could not
possibly have afforded to neuter/spay and immunize the over 80 ferrets that
we have rescued in the last 17 months.  Because of the drastically reduced
rate that Dr. Huff charges the FFCR for the care of our rescues, we are able
to adopt them out to loving new homes at very reasonable rates.  I can't
possibley list all the things that Dr. Huff has done for the "FFCR" for
pennies or in some cases, for free! He has been there for us 24 hours per
day and all of our ferrets receive the best medical care.

I highly recommend Dr. Huff to my new adoptive "parents" (because he has
vast knowledge regarding ferrets) and in every single case the new ferret
owner has taken time to call me after a visit to Huff's hospital to say how
wonderful Dr. Huff was and, "he didn't even charge us an office visit and
then he gave us two bottles of so and so!" or "he kept Tasha in overnight on
fluids and he never even charged us for the such and such!  He's such a
wonderful vet!"

Dr. Huff's patients come from all over BC's lower mainland, many people
drive for miles just so their pets can receive his care.  He has never
turned anyone away because they had a hard time paying and he's one of the
few vets I know of that works with the pet owner to develope innovative
payment plans so that he can be sure that everyone is able to afford
excellent medical care for their pets.

Dr. Huff has always cared more about the pets he treats and the owners of
those pets than he has ever cared about charging what he should for the work
he does.  I would love to list all of the incredible things this man has
done for his patients and their owners but I know I mustn't take up so much
space.  I just couldn't let the bad thoughts about Dr. Huff go and I felt I
must let everyone know that this man has done more for pets and animal
rescues than any other vet I know of in our area.  To be quite honest, I
don't know how he manages to keep his office running so beautifully
considering the huge amount of work he does for very financially strapped
rescue operations like the FFCR and others.

Over the years I have lived in many places and have taken my pets to many
vets.  I have never  met a veterinarian more competent than Dr. Huff.  Never
have I met a a vet more willing to work out finacial arrangements for less
fortunate pet owners.  Never have I known a more compassionate and caring
vet than Dr.  Huff.  He is one vet who truly understands that these aren't
just "our pets" these are "our kids"!  I can't tell you how many ferrets
this man has saved when everyone else said they would die.

If only I could think of a way to express my thanks to this wonderful man.
The simple words, "Thank you" never seem to sum up the deep sense of
gratitude I feel.  However those two words are all I have and all he would
want, so, once again, "Thank You Dr. Huff, for everything".

Sincerely,
Tracey-Lee Rein
Founder & President of the
Ferrets & Friends Club and Rescue, BC, Canada
and
Countless pets and their owners!