From:
Lonny Eachus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Nov 2011 22:38:09 -0800
I suggest this website: ferret.com.

That is where I often buy food for my ferret Fred. They have it
currently for $12.99 (plus shipping) for a 4..25 lb. bag.

ferret.com usually has good prices, even when you consider shipping.
And they will combine shipping if you order multiple items, saving
even more sometimes.

For example, I get "8 in 1 Ultimate" for Fred, and the price at
ferret.com is usually about half or even less what I pay at the local
pet stores (if I can even find it there), even considering shipping.

Of course it takes time to be shipped, but they are prompt.

By the way: I know what you mean about being picky: Fred is a picky
eater. It took me some time to get him off Marshall but I wanted to,
both because it's high-priced but not very high quality, and because
I personally can't stand the smell of the stuff, before or after, if
you know what I mean.

Opinions vary, but I have done some research, and if you can get him
to switch, I highly recommend 8 in 1 over Totally Ferret Complete, for
2 reasons: not only is 8 in 1 (Ultimate... they have several grades)
better quality, it is also only about 2/3 the cost of the Totally
Ferret. Compare cost and ingredients:

Totally Ferret Complete   4.25 lbs.   $12.99

8 in 1 Ultimate     4.75 lbs.    $8.49

Only the third of the first 4 ingredients of 8 in 1 is grain (ground
rice), while the second and third ingredients of Totally Ferret are
grain (wheat and rice). 8 in 1 has almost 10% more protein.

Anyway, it's a judgment call. I know how particular ferrets can be.
Just be aware that if you buy 8 in 1, it is easy to mistake the Ultra
for the Ultimate. Ultra is more comparable to Marshall, nutrition-wise,
but it's much less expensive than their Ultimate or even Marshall.

Lonny Eachus