Date:
Wed, 6 Jun 2007 19:29:07 -0500
Hi all, dis is SaraFerret. I was hanging around de bridge as usual
doing bridge duty. When all of a sudden dis ferret came flying across.
No walking or trotting or even running for dis young lady. Just on
giant leap of faith. When she gots to me, she introduces herself, Hi, I
am Annabel, I belongs to Grandma Karen and her daughter. I is 7 years
old and I is a champion flying ferret. I looks at her and says, Well,
when I was on earth, I did my share of cage and sofa and even stove
climbing and even hutch climbing until Mommy put a stop to it. Annabel
looks at me and seems somewhat puzzles and says, Really? Are you the
bridge greeter? Yes, I am, I says, I am SaraFerret, and I has been here
for some time. But I did live on earth for abouts 7 years. No kidding?
Annabel says. And then she looks at my wings and says, hey those things
look like they would really help me to fly a lot better. I tells her,
Yep, dey are a necessity here, you has to have dem to gets around here,
its kinda hard to gets around from cloud to cloud and it really helps
to wind surf if you gots wings.

Annabel gots a big smile on her face. She asks if she gets to pick out
her color. Well, I tells her, usually a color is specially selected by
a group according to her coloration, etc, but if she isnt happy wit de
color, she can choose another set. So offs we goes to de Wing House to
see what de group has chosen. Who should we see waiting by de entrance
to de house, but her brother--Avery. Dere are great shouts of joy and
happy reunion. A brief wardance takes place. Den into de place--and on
de counter is a big box where she opens de box and she opens it and her
mouth opens wide in an oh-oh-oh. She takes dem out and holds dem up. A
lovely pair of soft blue wings with black racing stripes--perfect for a
racing ferret. She is helped on with de wings and de halo is placed on
her head. The big mirror is dere and she turns towards it and she looks
at her reflection and she smiles a lopsided grin and turns and turns
again. VANITY--THY NAME IS FERRET!

Together we all go outside. She flaps her wings a bit just to try dem
out. But both Avery and I warn her not to try flying until she has
lessons as dere has been major crashes. But a group of ferrets show up
from her business along with others just to meet de new ferret. Dere
is a party going on in her honor and I am invited. Business for once
is a bit slow at de bridge. So I am going to go to de party.

Of course de usual sweet iced tea, cold pepsis, squirt cheese and
crackers, cat food, and fruit (all dose tings we werent sposed to have
on earth) are available at de party. Music is on and dooks are in de
air and dancing begins. Mousey angels are running around making sure
everyone is being served. Ferrets are aggravating de cats who stop by
and cats are teasing de furries.

And so it goes at de bridge

SaraFerret