Date:
Fri, 6 May 2011 09:06:59 -0230
First of all I want to thank everyone who emailed me concerning my
question about Revolution. Now, I have another question! I discovered
"Feline Fresh Clumping Pine Litter" about a year ago and have been
using it for my cats since then. It contains only pine. The binding
that occurs is due to an attribute of the pine itself. Urine clumps
into soft masses that can be flushed. The nice thing about it is that
ALL the urine smell comes out when you scoop. The box retains its
fresh, pine smell right down to the last piece. I have used wood
pellets and "Yesterday's News" for my ferrets, but soon the boxes get
smelly, even with diligent scooping. I tried one litter box for with
"Feline Fresh" for my gurlies and it seemed to be fine. The urine comes
out in a little hemisphere with a poop on top. My gurlies have 24-7
access to an outside run so they do all their digging in the outside
dirt. I was somewhat leery of them digging in the pine, but even the
wood pellets get reduced to sawdust once they get damp. What do you
think? Is it safe for ferrets?

Gary on behalf of Finley, Roxie and Lucy, the new gurlie.
Eastport, Newfoundland & Labrador

PS: A note on Lucy. She was rescued from a guy who was keeping her in
a closed Rubbermade container... NO HOLES in either the top or sides!
Only shredded paper for bedding and litter. He hadn't even given her a
name. She's between 6 and 8 months old. I got a call tuesday morning
from the rescue shelter and was on the road to get her within the hour.
Her reaction to being allowed to explore their room, then the house
and then once she found the access, the outside, was something to see.
Her tail was fluffed up like a bottle brush and she was chittering and
hopping and the dirt was flying up in big sprays. They have their own
bedroom with a 3" ABS pipe that runs out to a 12'x 4'x 3' high enclosed
run with concrete footings right down to the hardpan rock later. There
is no chance of them burrowing out under the walls. The dirt inside is
about 18" deep so there is lots of burrowing to be done. Surprising to
me was how they LOVE to get out there when the cage is filled with
snow!!! Above ground it is 2x4s and 1/2" galvanized square wire locally
called hardware cloth. Lucy has only been here since tuesday and the
pecking order dance has begun with Roxie. Finley is getting old and is
pretty much going to sit this one out.

"We kind o' thought Christ went agin war an' pillage." - James Russell
Lowell