From:
"Susan E. Anderson" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Feb 1997 07:02:50 -0600
Hi FML'ers

I have just two problems and I would like to get advice on both.

First Problem:
I currently have three ferrets: Freddy the Freeloader (Fred) who I have had
for 4 years, Bandit who I adopted this last year and is 2 years old, Snoops
who I adopted this last year at the same time as Bandit and is 2 years old.
First, I was told that Bandit and Snoops had grown up together, and that
they had to go as a pair.  Not a problem, the more the merrier (I thought).
If I put Bandit and Snoops together, its WWIII; if I put Fred and Snoops
together, its WWIII; if I put Fred and Bandit together, everything is hunky
dory.  I thought initially that it was the boys, but now I think that Snoops
is starting it.  The fighting gets really bad and it ends up with Snoops
being dropped from the top shelf down to the bottom by the neck.  The
squealing is horrible and I currently have to keep her separated.  I would
like to keep them all together but can't right now.  I have tried bitter
apple on her neck to stop the boys from chewing on her.  NO GO!  HELP!!!!

Problem Two:
Bandit has decided that he is to good to use the litter pan.  He did when we
first got him, but now he just goes anywhere in the cage.  Fred still uses
the litter pan and I think he gets upset with Bandit for doing it on the
floor.  Any solutions to getting Bandit back in training.  I tried putting
in some of those high-backed corner pans but Bandit had decided those are to
see how far he can fling litter across the room and he just emptys it.
HELPAGAIN!!!!!!

--

                   \=/,         _
                 |  @___oo   (
       /\  /\   / (___,,,}_--=
      ) /^\) ^\/ _)        =__
      )   /^\/   _)          (_
      )   _ /  / _)            (
  /\  )/\/ ||  | )_)
 <  >      |(,,) )__)
  ||      /    \)___)\
  | \____(      )___) )___
   \______(_______;;; __;;;
 ---

Susan Anderson
Camelot Boxers
Irving, Texas

(Boxer) Luke's Milkyway CD (Luke) ~ "Why should I get up, you'll go around"
(Boxer) Medousa's Sir Knight in Texas (Chance) ~ "I'm getting there, Mom
- Just 8 more points"
(Fuzzy) Freddy the Freeloader (Fred) ~ "What's in this cabinet Mom?"
(Fuzzy) Bandit ~ "It's bite Luke on the butt time" dook! dook!
(Parrot) Chester the Molester (Chester) ~ "Whatcha eat'n Mom, can I try it?"