From:
Anthony C Orlando <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Feb 2006 01:07:23 -0800
Allie is a phenomenal problem solver.

I've bought several balls to put snacks in - he won't play with them if
he can't get the snack out within a min or two and they'll just sit there
untouched for weeks (he knows how hard it is too get the snacks out &
would rather play with other things).

I put child-proof locks on the kitchen cupboard door I keep his food in.
He's learned to lie on his back, push the door up quickly, then push away
to get it to pop open.  Then he climbs in the cabinet, climbs onto the
shelf in the back where I store his food, climbs on top of the food bags
to reach a 1" gap he slides through to get inside the drawyer above &
sleep.

He's learned how to push his litterbox across the bathroom floor to stand
on the edge of to climb onto the toilet.  From their he'll either flush
the toilet until I come get him or climb onto the back of the toilet to
open a nearby cupboard and sleep amongst the folded towels within.

If I hang my long coat on the post of my baker's rack bookcase, the
ferret will climb the coat.  He'll either climb to the top to hide within
the books OR he'll stop 1/2 up to flicker the light switch.

My ferret has learned he can soften his kibble by leaving it in the tub
after I've showered.

My ferret has learned whenever pizza is delivered he can sneak under the
dresser to sneak behind the driver and the hallway is so narrow I can't
get past the driver so they can't leave UNTIL they bend down to pick up
the ferret and hand him to me.  Once they pick him up he'll try to cling
to their chest & lick their chin or nose so they'll stay longer to pet
him.

The ferret has learned whenever I put my wallet in my pocket I'm about to
leave so when he hears That drawyer open he runs to get my shoe to drag
it under the bed.

If I'm watching TV & he wants to play, my ferret will reach up and push
the channel change or power buttons on the TV.

"Intelligence is like 4-wheel drive.  It allows you to get stuck in more
'remote' places."
~ Garrison Keillor ~