From:
"Kohrs, Kristeen [NCSUS]" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Aug 1999 17:43:14 -0400
Someone mentioned to me that a ferret being deaf is something that is
"covered" under the MF guarantee.  Now you KNOW I won't return my little
baby.  MF said that if I send them a doctor's note and the guarantee, they
will give me a store credit.  (More toys!) So yesterday, my little DEW,
Al, had a hearing test.  I read all the tongue in cheek methods you all
described and I sort of expected something more scientific.  It was
hysterical to watch the vet try to determine if AL could hear.  Dr. Betz
was holding Al:

-  He snapped and Al felt the vibration
-  He whistled, Al felt the breeze.
-  He banged on the table, Al turned to look to see what he was doing.
-  He held him over a sink with running water, eventually Al turned to
   see what was going on.

It finally ended up being on my word that I can vacuum around Al without so
much as a stir.  It helped that I have two hearing ferrets to compare him
to.  The vet said "I can say that he probably can't hear sound".  Pshew!

Kristeen,
Katie & Matt "Are you really trying to suck Al in to the vacuum this time?"
Al "Zzzzzzzzzz"