From:
Fran Wiles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Mar 1997 14:17:59 -0500
The Baltimore Ferret Club's "SOS" All-Specialty Ferret Show set for
Saturday, April 19th is only a month away!  If you plan on attending & have
not yet received a show packet, please e-mail me at home:
[log in to unmask] and I will drop one in the mail to you right away.
Entry cut-off date is April 5th.

I hope even if you don't enter any of your fuzzy kids, that you will join us
for the day.  There will be fun match events (best costume, darkest nose,
etc.) as well as the (19) specialty rings, raffles, vendors, shelters and
many ferret enthusiasts.  And we have some surprises in store for the
"Elvis" & the "WWII" rings.  There will also be a shelter "wishing well"
where items useful to a shelter (paper towels, hammocks, laundry detergent,
etc.  etc.) & money can be donated to the shelters, so don't forget to bring
a little "something extra" for those fuzzies less fortunate than the ones
living with many of you.  And all ferrets who win a first place in one of
the specialty classes will be eligible for the title of "Most Special
Ferret" of the show.

In all, we hope for a great turnout & lots of fun for everyone.  Keep in
mind that ALL PROFITS from this show will benefit three Maryland area
shelters.

If you need a show packet or more info., just e-mail me or call the BFC's
Secretary (Wanda) @ (410)922-7655.  Please come if you can.  Hope to see you
there!

AND - God Bless to all who have lost any of their dear fuzzy children.  As a
shelter operator, I deal with similar situations much more often than I
would ever like.  But remember to hold on to all you are left with; for the
blessings and many happy memories of which we receive from our dear ones
lives on, never to be forgotten, living alive and well, forever in our heart
& soul.  Keep looking to the light, for that is where they are now, and they
will lead you into a new day, to face what may come your way.

Many times I too have felt that there wasn't any possible way I could
continue to rescue/shelter ferrets.  After dealing with a loss (or losses)
at certain times, my heart has felt stomped into the ground & smashed into
dust; my emotions have been obliterated.  Why do I continue?  Well - the
eternal light in the eyes of all those here now & yet to come my way, is the
same light that shined so bright in the eyes of my very first dear ones
(Punky & Farina), and hasn't changed a bit.  I know again someday we will
meet.  Remember ferrets give you 110% always, in life and even when near
death.  They will maintain their composure even long after they are stricken
with many illnesses, spending many hours and days in patient pain.  We just
give them our 110% in return and all is not lost.  Learn to love another
fuzzy when you feel ready.  With the undying charms of these little
creatures, loving is easy, letting go is not.  Don't waste all the love you
have to give here and now.  After all, who's gonna take care of all those
fuzzy kids in Heaven anyway, if not for you & me?

Sincerely - Fran & the Fuzzies in PA
Fran Wiles - [log in to unmask]
NCI/FCRDC, Work Planning & Control Dept., FME
Voice: (301)846-1071  Fax:  (301)846-6154