From:
Linda Iroff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Apr 2003 10:46:10 -0400
Alicia wrote
>I learned a great deal at a recent weekend seminar -- and it reinforces
>the facts to me that the kibbled diets are insufficient we really need
>to bring out the meats as treats and supplimental feedings at a VERY
>early age.

I wholeheartedly agree!

I often wonder why none of the ferret food companies come out with a
decent canned diet.  If the problem with kibble is the amount of
carbohydrates needed for its formation, then certainly a canned diet
could be formulated without that problem.  There are a couple canned
ferret foods on the market; unfortunately, they are as high in
carbohydrates as kibble.

There are plenty of canned dog and cat foods on the market, and plenty of
dog and cat owners who show they are willing to pay the premium in price
for the better quality brands.  Ferret owners are well known to be as
indulgent as dog and cat owners, so I think the market would be there.
And while feeding canned foods is not at clean and hassle free as kibble,
it is certainly a lot easier than whipping up a batch of Bob's chicken
gravy!

Linda Iroff
Oberlin OH