Date:
Wed, 6 Dec 2000 06:52:13 -0500
To the FML:

It was also a pleasure seeing you all at the show on Saturday.  I
appreciate Mr. Morrett mentioning our discussion but I just wanted to
clarify what I said about the frequency of testing.  The mink industry
tests 3 times a year and I am recommending 4 times a year because of the
insidious nature of ADV, and also because these are companion pets and
essentially members of your families.  It is wise to test this often
regardless of whether you think your ferrets have been exposed to ADV or
not, just to be on the safe side, and especially if you are a breeder or a
shelter taking in ferrets.  In Mr. Morrett's posting it said I recommended
testing 4 times a year when ferrets have been exposed.  I am recommending
4 times a year even when you don't think your ferrets have been exposed.

Sincerely,
Robert L. Stephon, Ph.D.
Avecon Diagnostics, Inc.