Date:
Fri, 10 Mar 2000 10:30:18 -0000
To the poster on the Ft Washington Show.

I myself was at the Ft Washington Show and I did observe what was going on
there.  I did not observe happening what this person said happened while I
was there and it does not sound like what they do as a regular practice.  I
have asked several people and they have told me that for over 15 years this
has been going on.  Most do not adopt out of their area because they want
to be able to keep track of these ferrets.  The only one that had a play
pen did not let the general public handle these ferrets because they were
rescues.  Every ferret show I have ever gone to adopts ferrets this way and
obviously you either have never been to a ferret show or you are just plain
trying to start trouble.  Either way, if you had a problem with the way
they thought things were being handled why didn't you ask the people
involved instead of going on the FML anonymously like a coward.

Obviously there were indeed aplications for adoption available to be filled
out and I am sure they were made available to all individuals wanting to
fill one out.  However just because you fill out an application does not
necessarily mean you will get a ferret.  When was the last time you entered
a strange bank and filled out a loan application and they handed you the
money.  They usually say we will let you know in a few days.  Shelters are
no different and without the application no ferret will ever be adopted.

My wife and I did adopt a ferret there though and that is what the poster
may have been referring to.  My wife did indeed handle the ferret and when
we left the ferret went with us home but I am not general public either.
I have adopted ferrets from Shirley before and I have been to the shelter
numerous times and have known her for some time.  She knows how I treat my
ferrets, what I feed, that medical care is always provided and is welcome
to inspect my home anytime she wishes.  Actually the ferrets get better
treatment from my wife than I do most of the time.  But again this is not
the first ferret I have adopted from this shelter.

So I urge people before you jump to conclusions and assume something please
make sure what you are assuming is correct or you may be mistaken (ASS of U
and ME).

 Dennis
The Devious Twelve