Date:
Fri, 1 Oct 1999 09:09:45 -0600
I need to ask you guys that have move experience than I have ( I have had
only have one fert for five years,(little Fang,the woodstove monster)...

Just how much Ferretvite and Ferretone is safe for one day's consumption?
Fang eats Iams (no quality ferret food availabe in this town), and has
always had 3/4 tsp.  of ferretone as his bedtime treat..is the Ferretone
okey to give it all at once, instead of in his food?  I give him his
Ferretvite separately, divided into two treats a day, at different times
than his Ferretone.  He has always been a tad underweight 2.4 lbs, until I
added Ferritvite to his diet.  (thanks to you guys talking about it)!  He
has gained weight (haven't weighed him, but just looks great, and we think
he is MUCH heftier to pick up).

*But then I read on the FML that somebody said to be careful with too much
ferretone because of the vit.A.*, so how much of both Ferretvite and
Ferretone is safe in one day??  They both have vit A in them... I do not
want to induce a problem in his little inners!!!

Next question: what about the red licorice?  I read from the FML that
licorice root is a no no, but what about the red packaged kind for an
occasional treat?  quick story: we have in our kitchen, an antique
worktable that serves as our food preparation table...the drawer is missing
altogether, so there is this space there.  (you have to picture this in
your mind, please)..my husband likes to pack some red licorice in his
lunch...we have an old wood stool under this table...One day, in the
process of packing his lunch, husband looks down to see Fang clinging
UPSIDE DOWN under the table with only his head poking out the empty drawer
space trying to sneak the licorice from the table!  He had used the stool,
then got a good hold of the cross boards under the table, and hung upside
down like a bat!!(One of those times you wish you had the video camera
ready!)

Third question: what is this about clumping litter not good for ferrets?
I must have missed that in former FML posts...I just started using it, so
tell me why it is bad, please..

Mood Disorder Ferret Owners: what an interesting thing that this came up
on the FML!!  I was happy to see it, as I know that it is a univesal and
serious problem at the risk of ALL pets.  This touched my heart because I
have lived with it...my ex husband was recently diagnosed(six years after
I finally had to leave him).. with manic-depressive disorder (bi-polar)
For those of you who have no experience with this, it is a living hell
(for themselves, and all the people and animals that live with them) if
they are not diagonsed properly and on their meds.  For several years I
saw firsthand the heartbreaking damgage that untreated mood disorders can
cause.  Once, in a rage, he shot his horse with buckshot just because he
wouldn't come to him in the corral..this would all be too much to get into
on the FML, but you will all feel glad to know that I got little Fang from
his household; He was sent home with my son after a vistation..we were to
keep him for just a week, but after three days with this strange little
fur thing, I pleaded for him to let us keep him, and won !  So I am very
thankful for our little blessing that needed so much to feel trust, and
came with so much love in his little heart.

I have the highest respect for anyone out there who acknowledges their mood
disorders, alcoholism, or drug dependicies (my ex was all of these) and
gets help!!  The meds to wonders, and there is help for all parts of these
illnesses..do not be ashamed!!

Bless your hearts, and sorry for the long post..I'm off to buy those dixie
cups and regulary cat litter(tell me why)...Happy Tails,lizzi