From:
Danielle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Jul 2000 23:41:54 -0400
My 1yr old, Kilmer, seems to love to wake me every night about the same
time by scratching like crazy at the floor of his cage.  At first he was
doing it because he would dump his food bowl in the bottom of the cage
and would want it filled again, so we did this.  It worked for a little
while.Them we tried keeping him out for longer periods of time when we
are home and really tiring him out before bed time but of no luck to us.
Well now he is doing it again and for longer periods of time and seems
even louder.  He has a metal bottom,in his 3 story cage, which we put pine
shavings down for him.  He scratches in the same spot which is under the
ramp leading from the 1st to 2nd level of the cage.  His cage is cleaned
daily, always has fresh food and cold Poland Springs water in his bottle.
I would appreciate any info on why and/or how to stop the little bugger
from doing this.  Sometimes I think he just does it because he knows I
get up at 3 am everyday for work, lol.  Thanks :)

Danielle & Mike
--and we can't forget Kilmer