From:
Jennifer Place <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Sep 1999 09:03:11 -0400
First of all, I would like to thank all of those people who send me their
regards about three weeks ago for my little Doyle, who we had taken to the
vet thinking he was suffering from adrenals.  It meant a lot to me to know
there were people out there pulling for my little munchkin.

As an update, I just wanted to let everyone know that he didn't have any
problems with his adrenals - his spleen had enlarged to about the size of
a child's hand.  When the vet removed it she also checked his adrenals
since I was so worried given his hair loss around his tail, but nothing was
found.  I breathed a sigh of relief until she told me it was possible that
the spleen was cancerous.  Of course, by this time my boyfriend and I were
leaving for vacation and had our little monster home from surgery with his
shaven belly and Frankenstein stitches and had to wait another week to find
out if our baby was going to be okay.  Thankfully, he's cancer free.  He's
since had his stitches out and, after being isolated for two weeks in his
cage, is the rip-roaringest little terror I have ever seen.

Thanks again everyone who wrote me.  I really appreciated it.  My heart
goes out to all who have sick fuzzies or lost theirs.

Jen and her little "Misfits" - Jerry and Doyle