Date:
Thu, 14 Jun 2007 10:55:47 -0700
By now, I imagine most of us have received our latest electric bill
showing the "stabilization" rate, which in and of itself is an oxy
moron. This is the most unstable rate adjustment I've ever seen. Here
are some of my tips for coping and becoming one less chump on the
list at youy local electric provider.

1. Candle light your house by night. Cost @ $1.00 per night. Ambience:
priceless( until the candle prices start to rise)
2 Purchase a clothes line, don't use the dryer. It was good enough for
nana and will be good enough for me. ( for us rescues, this will knock
out about 30% of the bill, reflecting only a 20% increase.(btw, beware
the term "vintage" when shopping on ebay......yep even for clothes
pins.)
4. Decide which you really makes you uncomfortable, hot or cold and
accomodate the thermostat in either direction...for me, I must have AC.
Close off all the vents except the ferret room & snuggle up buttercup!
3. Unless you have a great cable tv, telephone deal with one provider,
switch to just a cell phone, a low minute plan, and be super frugal.
4. Shower with a friend.......weekly.
5. Acquire a taste for insects...they are free, low fat, high protein &
free.
4. Use your ceiling fans. Getem if you don't have them and pray for
cloudy summers...so far my prayers are being answered.

Kimberly Fox
Director/Rescue Mom
Somethin Up My Sleeve Ferret Rescue
http://companiontalk.terrabox.com/SUMS-Rescue.html
Help The Helpless. SUPPORT PRIVATE RESCUE
Pay Pal accepted for donations at this email address.