From:
june batz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Sep 1999 07:13:57 -0700
First..every morning I let the ferrets out while I drink my coffee and read
the list..the ferrets do their ferrety things, Socks, my beautiful petite
one, has a goal, how many times can we get mom off the couch to get me
off the kitchen counter.  as I sit in the living room, I can hear kitchen
drawers slowly opening as she makes her way up, sometimes I will walk in
and catch her in the act and she will look at me and climb back down..this
time I waited..after awhile, it was to quiet..I went into the kitchen and
on the counter the sugar box was turned over but nothing else was amiss, I
was about to leave, when i saw a ferret butt sticking out of the garbage
disposal..YUKK, you know the gross yucky water in there, the same water
that spools on the bottom of the dishwasher by the strainer..WHY do they
like that so much..

Okay..SERIOUS question, sorry for the lengthy post, but I have never
experienced this before.  I got home from work, and the first thing I do is
let the ferrets out, Joey and socks first, then I had to blow on chandler
to get his attention..Oliver just laid in the hammock and stared at me..he
did not appear to be sleepy he just had no interest in coming out, well
this is unusual behaviour for a 4 month old, he is always the first 1 out
and last one in..So I picked him up and he clung to me..  If I had to label
his posture, I would say he was frightened, I held him for a few minutes,
then I let him down, he IMMEDIATLY ran behind the entertainment system and
WOULD NOT come out, after and hour, I coaxed his head out with a piece of
chicken, grabbed and pulled, at 41/2 months this hob kit has NO NECK,
needless to say, he was not happy.  I put him in his cage to watch him,
he laid in his hammock and watched me , I offered him food..his favorite,
chicken, which he ate..  he laid around for an hour, took a poop, was
normal, after an hour he shook the cage bars to be let out and all was
well...ANYONE ever experience this.

June