From:
Debbie Hunton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 May 2005 17:32:34 -0700
My little girl is a little lethargic, which for her is highly unusual
(she's usually hyper-active).  I'm a little concerned she might have
insulinoma, but have just started seeing signs this morning.  We're
watching her... no seizures, she's eating ok, drinking ok, no hind-end
weakness, etc.

If there is a mild form of this disease that might be treated with means
other than meds like prednisone (or related meds), I'd like to do what I
can to keep it from progressing, and to limit the symptoms for her.

Is there food/snack/something I can feed her that might help?  She didn't
get a raisin today (they get them sometimes, but not always, and just 1
or 2 small ones), and that's the only treat that they get that has any
sugar in it.  They will sometimes sneak a sip of my Diet Coke, but it's
not offered.  She loves to take butter off our fingers, so that and
Ferretone are her favorite treats.

Anyway, I just wanted a little advice on what to do, and what not to do,
and if this might be something other than insulinoma.  (Her brother was
sick about 2 weeks ago with what seemed like a stomach flu... am also
thinking she may just be suffering from what he had.)

Thanks for any thoughts you all might have.

Debbie