Date:
Tue, 6 Feb 2007 02:55:49 EST
Hello all ~

tlc's post sparked a reminder of something I wanted to share. When
Calvin took sick back in October (2006) we all went on a flower essence
combination to help us deal with his illness and eventual leaving.
After he went to The Bridge (in Dec. 2006), I kept Ling-ling and Miss
Jazzy on it. I sincerely think this has helped Miss Jazzy not to give
into her asthma and pass shortly after he has...so we're still going.
When each group gets out, depending on each groups needs they get a
few drops of essence in their water bowl. The new babies have their
"adjusting" formula; the old guys have their "grief" remedy. The new
babies went off of their "adjusting" formula last week. After putting
the old guys away the other night I forgot to change their drinking
bowl. So as the new guys got out they got the "grief" essence still in
the bowl.

I knew they came from a good home. They were happy, healthy, and well
handled when I got them. So I made up a formula for "adjusting"
according to what the Humane Society told me. Nobody mentioned their
owner had died or anything. BUT, today I have different ferrets. The
new ones are running, and jumping, and more loving than ever. It's
almost as if they had a wake-up call. Bandit (the biggest) who was very
quiet and the caretaker big brother is literally bouncing off of the
walls. It's a real riot! Snickers (my little soft deaf girl) is now
more alert, and coming when I signal to her. She is less afraid and her
startle-reflex has diminished. Flower is a lot less aggressive. She is
not chasing as much and not biting my ankles as much. She can settle in
my arms better and seems to look at me directly. Could it be that these
lovely little ones witnessed an owner's death? It's so hard to imagine
these gentle beings having to see an owner take sick and possibly die;
and be turned out of their home and into the Humane Society. The Humane
Society tried so hard to care for them, but were just lost as to their
care. So when I went down to help them and write something up for them,
all 3 came home with me.

I'm making notes and more and more I'm feeling drawn to work with these
lovely remedies. I often find that a remedy has to be reformulated
about 30 days or so, but some after only about 14 days. Again, you
look at your ferret...you notice emotions. As these essences work on
emotions that's where you see improvement. This is a second formulation
of the "grief formula." It has 2 essences less than the original 6 I
started with. So now it's back to watching again so see how we
progress.

Warmly ~
Mary L. Conley, herbalist, N.D.
Conley Mountain Herbs