From:
Maggie Mae <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Aug 1998 18:58:48 EDT
Hi Everyone,

I got the following note from Noni, along with a request for me to reword
it any way I saw fit and pass it along to the FML.  Honestly, I think how
she says it means more than me translating it, even if she still can't
manage paragraphs (long standing joke).

Thank you all for being such supportive friends to such a wonderful friend
of mine and such a great lady.  It means a lot to me.

Mags
*********

Hey Gang!
Well, it is Thursday and I thought I needed to update you on our "TRUE
MIRACLE BOY".  Monday at noon we began his surgery removing his second
adrenal gland (which was the size of a large gum ball) and his Prostate.
This whole proceedure took 3 hours (it equals out to be a 10-12 hour human
surgery).  At 3:30 Perry began to awaken and we had him eating by 4:00, and
by 6:30 he came home with me.  No I didn't sleep that night, I was just
watching his progress.  Everything seemed to be going semi-well until
Tuesday, he began to vomit and we began to load him up on different drugs.
By 7:00 that night he was in extreemly critical condition.  Dr. Muller had
tubes going into his mouth and also his hind end trying to figure out why he
was crashing, we even had needles in his tummy and chest.  We had discusses
Euthinasia, however, Dr. Muller didn't feel we were at that point as of yet,
but we were instructed to keep it in the back of our minds.  Well, Tuesday
night (another no sleep night) I got him out and began my rehab with him
trying to get his tummy down.  We worked for several minutes at a time all
through out the night.  By Wednesday morning Perry was still with us (Much
to Dr. Muller's surprise), I had his tummy, down and he was beginning to
eat Duck Soup on his own.  Today he is walking on his own, still a little
nausiated, but eating Duck Soup very well.  We are not out of the woods as
of yet, however we can see the light in between the trees.  Yes, tonight I
will sleep in my own bed and Perry in his.  Thank you so much for your
calls, cards, thoughts and prayers!!  We both really appreciate it more
than you will ever know!

Ferret Hugs!

Noni and Perry

P.S.
Yes, Maggie, Perry crashed right during your phone call...sorry I had to
end the phone call so quickly!