Date:
Fri, 7 Jan 2000 10:39:36 +0100
Dear people,

Two months since Fronsky died, and the pain is still as fresh as it was
the 9th of November.  It is however time to do something I set myself as a
task.  In spite of the painfull memories it will bring back I want to start
and make his death bring at least something good.  The wonderfull vet who
helped me keep him alive for an additional ten months, and the university
of Utrecht( vet. departement) want to make a study of the use of
electrolytes( potassium especially) in the treatement of ferrets with
cardiomyopathy.  My completely unsientific aproach and the seemingly good
results intriqued them so much that they want to make a serious attempt at
investigating possibilities to make it a regular part of treatement.  So my
reguest to you all is to sent me as much information as possible, including
websites, experiences etc.  I will make sure that it all gets to the people
involved, and I hope that together with my story, this acumulated wealth
of our experiences will help other ferrets to have a better live while
suffering of cardiomyopathy, and, even better, (but this is very optimistic
statement) maybe get a little closer to finding out what causes the disease.

Greetings to you all, and my belated best whishes.

Evelien