Date:
Wed, 14 Nov 2007 17:31:48 -0500
It was a beautiful day at de Bridge. SaraFerret was waiting (note in
paw) for de little fuzzy to cross. Den I saw de little dark-eyed white
bring his little body slowly across. Would he make it? I finally inched
myself out and reaches for him and he held on and he finally made it to
de entrance. We sat down to rest and he gave a deep sigh.

I introduces myself, Hi I am SaraFerret, the bridgegreeter. Welcome to
de Rainbow Bridge. Here you will have no more pain or suffering. You
will run free forever on green grass, no messy litter pans, lotsa food
and water, treats, lotsa friends and family, did I mention fun and
games.

He says, I am Max and I belong to a very nice person named Putorius. I
seems to be having a bit of a problem moving around--do you think it
can be fixed so I can go back to her. She was so nice to me and held me
close to her and I just went to sleep and when I wakes up I was on this
swinging bridge thing.

I tells him, Max once you leave de earth and come here dis is your new
forever home. A fuzzy's life on earth is short and when you can no
longer dance with joy, it is your time to fly on your journey here.
But your body problem is now fixed. POOF! Max was able to move and
he started to dance with joy! What a happy fuzzy--dancing and leaping
with happiness. It felt so good to stretch his body once again.

When he quit dancing and settled down, he notices my wings. Hey, what
are those things on your shoulders?

Dese are wings, I replys, Dey are for flying around de clouds. Sure
beats leaping and bouncing from cloud to cloud. I fluttered dem and
showed him how dey worked and he was so impressed.

Do I get those, he asked? Of course you do, every fuzzy dat crosses
gets dese, I replys.

So off we went down de garden path toward Kit and Kaboodle where de
wings were stored. We opened de door and on de counter was a big box
marked "Max". He opened de box and took out his wings. I helped him put
on his wings and adjusted his halo. He ran to de big vanity mirror and
gazed at his reflection. Looking back at him was a handsome bouncing
ferret much as in de days of his youth. He turned to me and said, Gee
I wish Putorius could see me now. Den I gots an idea.

We left dere and headed toward de Misting Pond. We sat down beside de
cool clear water. With one swish he could see Putorius appear and she
looked up at de sky and smiled. Max started waving and dooking with
all of his might. Hey look at me, I can move now, I has wings, I can
fly. My legs are just fine. Thanks for everything, thanks for loving
me. I love you. Den he started throwing hugs, kisses, and promises and
wrapped dem with his love and laid dem on a nearby shooting star which
was headed toward your house. And with another swish de vision was
gone.

As we left dere, we ran into a group of fuzzies--Bubba, Blizzard,
Bounder, Pal, Bodie, Clyde, Casio, Abba, and even Flower. Oh he was
so surprised to see a welcoming group with a sign saying WELCOME TO
DE BRIDGE MAX. Dey all said, We are fuzzies from Putorius and we came
to the bridge before you and you will be with us and we will be your
forever family. Oh he was so happy--at first when he crossed he thought
he would be all by himself and not know anyone here, but this was his
family now. Dey all started dancing and running in the high grasses
where dey could play hide and go seek. I gave dem a wave and headed
for my cottage.

So ended another greeting at de Rainbow Bridge.

Loveys and hugs,

SaraFerret, bridgegreeter