From:
Jen Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Jun 2002 17:23:55 -0400
Hi my ferrety friends,

I wanted to double check to see if anyone has any more input for the
hazards page we're putting up.  I held off on getting it set up so I could
gather input from you all.  If there's anything you think would be useful
to see here, please let me know.

I was planning on laying it out with categories for different types of
hazards, with the hazard and a short description being listed for each.

For example:

Chemical Hazards

Hazard  Description
Antifreeze
Antifreeze has a sweet smell and taste which can attract animals.  If
ingested, it can cause deadly kidney failure, and an accumulation of acid
in the bloodstream and body tissues (also called metabolic acidosis)

So far, the categories that I've thought of are:

Chemical Hazards - Cleaning products, Auto fluids (like antifreeze),
pesticides etc

Household Hazards - Recliners, Mattresses, Appliances, etc

Outdoor Hazards - Other animals that may be a danger, Vehicles, Camping
Dangers etc.

Hazardous Materials - Rubber/Latex, Plastic bags, Toys with small easily
removed parts etc

These categories might change if something seems to need to be split up
more.  And if I think of other categories.  If anyone can think of an
area that should be included, please email me privately at

 Happy Dookin'
 Jen, Mike & the Furkids
 Loki, Fria, Jamocha, Duke & Vivi