From:
Bill Gruber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Nov 1994 22:56:57 -0500
On Wed, 16 Nov 1994, in FML issue 1014, Alayne Whaley asks:
>Why is is that the files I signed up to have AFD of, are sent to me
>more than once?

AFD means that you want to receive a copy of the files any time they change.
The files you are getting are not identical - only when they change do you
receive a "fresh" one.  I think once last week though I told LISTSERV one
of them changed when it really didn't, but it's normally entirely automatic
and real people (like me?) never get involved.

>What happened to issue 1008?  Did I delete it or did it not exist?

1008 went out as usual - there are never any skipped numbers.  You can request
a copy by sending mail to [log in to unmask] containing the text:
SEND FERRET 1008

>If is does exist, how long do I wait for it to be available thru listserv?

The back issues are usually available from LISTSERV within a couple of days.

>How do I know when the ferret index will be available?
>Do I just ask for it and hope?

The index is just a list of all the files available, and it's ALWAYS available
since it's generated upon request.  Send mail to [log in to unmask] with
the text:
INDEX FERRET

>Will it be sent to me when it is ready or do I haveta do the
>roulette thing again?

It's send immediately.  If you are having problems with it, please send mail
to [log in to unmask] and I'll see if we can figure out what's
going on.

Bill