From:
Mark Zmyewski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Feb 1996 12:13:20 -0600
Hi everyone!

Well, hello from Huntsville, Alabama, the new frozen wasteland!  :-)
Actually, everything is thawing out...18-degrees last night...near 70 by the
middle of the week!  Ug!  No wonder my sinuses are so messed up!

Anyway, I haven't posted in a while.  If I tried to explain why, it would
sound like I was making it up, so I won't bother.  :-) I have a few
questions.

I haven't posted since about October.  One of my males, Boomer, had surgery
in October to remove a partial scent glad that was not completely removed in
the original surgery when he was young (he's nine months, now).  I posted,
asking if I might be able to get some compensation from the United Ferret
Organization.  (A little green card with their address came with Boomer when
I purchased him.) The general feeling I got from the FML was positive.  A
couple of folks told me to try, that I had nothing to lose.  I didn't think
it would be standard practice for an organization to compensate someone for
something like this but I thought I'd try.  Well, after sending *two*
letters to them, I have yet to hear *anything*.  This organization hasn't
even acknowledged that they even got either of my letters.  I was quite
nice, never complained.  I just told them my story and asked if it would be
possible to get some help.  Nothing.  Not even a "Thanks for writing".  Does
anyone know this organization?  Is there anyone from the organization on the
FML?  This is the organization and their address.  If anyone knows anything
about them, please let me know.

                     United Ferret Organization
                     P.O. Box 606
                     Assonet, MA 02702

Ok.  Next question.  My vet pointed out that Snookie (a 2 yo sable male) had
some plaque buildup on a couple teeth.  I went to a pet store and bought the
smallest kitten toothbrush I could find and have brushed both ferrets' teeth
a few times.  The plaque on Snookie's teeth may have to be scraped, I think,
since I can't get any results.  Just how often should their teeth be
brushed, anyway?  Even on the box for the kitten toothbrush/toothpaste, it
doesn't have any recommendations.

Since the winter has set in, Snookie has gained 1/2 pound and is now at 3
pounds.  Boomer, on the other hand, is usually 3 lbs and has *lost* 1/2
pound.  Is this normal?  His weight has remained constant and hasn't dropped
so I'm not too freaked, but just wanted to know if it was normal for some
ferrets to lose weight in the winter.

Thanks for listening.  I hope their are a few folks out there who can help
me answer these questions.  I hope those of you in Oregon are doing OK and
haven't been completely flooded!  :-)

-Mark Zmyewski (who just might be just be getting a 3rd fuzzy from
                a coworker)
 Huntsville, Alabama

-Snookie  --  Give me that paper towel roll!!  I MUST take it
              downstairs!  It is my duty!!

-Boomer   --  RUN RUN RUN!!  PLAY PLAY PLAY!!  Speed-bump!!