From:
"marie i. schatz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Oct 1996 09:08:10 -0400
Ollie may indeed be a ferret who doesn't necessarily need a friend but it
probably would have "worked out" though Ollie may not have really loved the
new guy.  Giesela wasn't thrilled about Boris either.  Didn't beat him up or
anything, just didn't want to sleep with him etc. and he kept following her
around and she would run away giving me, I swear, "how could you do this I
hate you" looks.  Giesela and Boris now play together but Giesela still
likes to sleep alone about 50% of the time.  I find it hard to play with the
two of them since Giesela wants me to play with her and if I include Boris
she'll stop, then I'll turn my attention to her and she'll play, back to
Boris and she'll stop, often she'll wander away seemingly in a bit of a
pout.  I do like the fact though that they have each other to play with when
I'm not here.  And they do play together even when I am here so things
worked out fine, they just don't seem to LOVE each other.  Even though
Giesela may have been fine on her own, more so than some ferrets, I think
it's better for her to have another ferret in the house, and definitely so
for Boris.

Marti - Suger and Spice are great names since they looked like slightly
reddish choclates to me, I am assuming Suger is the one with the lighter
face?  The tatoos might be from a Canadian farm?  Do any of the tatoos look
like "x"'s or "y"'s?  I have heard that other breeders use their own set of
tatoos, not just MF.  For all that were always discussing MF I don't really
hear much about Path Valley or Hagen but I think they're almost as big and
may tatoo.

To the person with a ferret straining to go potty - get some CAT LAX and
give some for a few days in a row.  You might also think about an x-ray.
Mary, Boris and Giesela.