Date:
Tue, 20 Dec 1994 08:23:27 PST
   Been a long time since I've done more than lurk in the fringes, but
I just wanted to share the latest "news" with those who can understand
the best.  One of our kids has gone missing...

   Evidently he snuck out the door sometime Sunday afternoon while I
was taking the dogs out for a break.  Amy tore the house apart
(literally) Sunday nite, but to no avail.  We have flyers out all over
the neighborhood with a reward offered, but I'm not sure how much good
it will do.  Barak is very, very timid (although he doesn't think so)
and will run for cover at the slightest hint of "danger".  And he's not
very good at answering the whistle if he's frightened.  I'm afraid he's
gone to ground, and is too frightened to come out, even IF he can here
us calling/whistling.  <sigh>

   At any road, if you have a ferret...and especially if you're new at
the game...you have to keep a close watch on them at all times.  Even
after a year or more, and you think you've got all their moves down
pat, they'll surprise you.  I think Barak got out by using one of the
dogs as "cover".  Unfortunately he's only timid, not stupid!

   I will keep you all posted.  Health and happiness to all of the
fuzzies out there.

Pete, Amy and the Ferret Liberation Nine (minus 1)