From:
"Russ S. Hazzon" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Sep 1995 00:04:56 -0400
JUst came back from the vet with my four fuzzies.  I have a few questions
that have arisen.

1) My vet tells me that the weasels only need their rabies vaccines every
three years.  The distemper shots will still be given at yearly intervals.
I though that rabies vaccines were supposed to be yearly.

2) One of my weasels broke off the tip of his canine tooth.  Doc said it was
not broken off near an area (forget the name) of concern and would not cause
any pain to the ferret.  He did say that there will be some discoloration of
the tooth in the future and that there is nothing he could do for it.  Is
this a common problem and is there a fix for it?

3) Scooter, my chubby male, has red gums.  Doc said it was a case of
gingivitus.  I tried explaining to him that my weasels have been trained to
brush after every meal and floss at least once a day, but they seem to rebel
against these requests <grin>.  Scooter had to go under a mild anesthetic
and have his teeth scaled.  This was a rather expensive procedure (due to
the cost of the anesthetic) and I would like to avoid it again if possible.
Are there any preventative measures I can take to keep my ferrets teeth
clean and healthy?

Answers via email would be appreciated as I cannot read the FML in its
entirety on a daily basis.  Thanks in advance for everyones assistance!
Regards... Russ Hazzon                [log in to unmask]