From:
Diane Ashton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Aug 1999 14:31:07 -0800
Well it is time to break out the big guns and I am more than willing to
entertain any and all suggestions.  Autumn has hit Fairbanks Alaska with
a vengeance.  The ferns are now light green and the chokecherry trees are
shedding.  The fireweed is bloomed out and you can see your breath when
you go outside in the morning.  Now that it is almost to cold to keep my
windows open throught the night, my ferrets odor is becoming the dominant
smell in the house.  I myself do not mind it but you see my shelter is
located in my house.  I also have an in-home child care so for rather
obvious reasons, my house cannot smell like an ark.  I live in 1200 square
feet so we do not have room yto spare.  I have tried the simmering
potpourri pots but if you do not watch the water level and fill it 2 times
a day, the oil takes on a burtn smell.  Not at all attractive.  I also use
scoopable litter so it it easy for me to clean the liter boxes every day
and sometimes twice a day.  Has anybody used the room deodorizers that use
the hepa filters?  If so what did you think.  My vet has clearly warned me
about staying away from the ozone deodorizers.  I also have a glade plug in
in every room.  Sigh.... As I said, I am open to suggestions.

Diana and The Ferret farm