From:
John Jacobs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Nov 1995 12:55:47 -0500
Hi everyone,
I have a couple questions regarding my eight week old male, sable.  We got
him a couple weeks ago, and he's a great pet.  He learned the litter box in
no time, so we gave him free run of our bedroom (ferret proofed of course),
and he continues to use his box 99.9% of the time.  He loves to sleep in
the bed with us, but sometimes wakes up in the middle of the night to chew
our ears or lick our face (this is about the only time he gets the cage
treatment :)

He likes to bite, which brings me to my first question.  When he is playing
he will "bite", it's not realy a bite he doesn't apply any pressure it's
just play.  When I first got him he bit kind of hard but it only took a
couple scoldings to stop that.  Is it alright to let him "play bite" or
should this be detoured as well?

My main question is about his teeth.  The other night we were playing and
he, as always, was play biting; then one of his teeth fell out.  He wasn't
biting hard and it was on my hand so it surprised me a little.  He didn't
even seem to notice and there was no blood or anything.  I haven't read
anything about them losing teeth or having baby teeth.  We had just stoped
watering his food (science diet cat growth) 2-3 days earlier, and it seemed
pretty crunchy <to him, I didn't try it:> Could this be the cause?  And, if
so, should we keep wetting his food for a while?  BTW it was the tooth
right behind the top,left incisor<SP?> and the same tooth on the other side
appears to be just coming in.  Thanks in advance for any replies.

JOHN
CHRISTI
AND ROSCOE