From:
Kimberly Trusty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Sep 2008 08:53:03 -0500
Hello all,

I rarely write in on the arguments occuring here but I feel the need
to speak out. I have enjoyed reading every thing written about Ping is
he, most everyone on this list who deals ferrets has at one time or
another had or dealt with a fuzzy just like Ping. The Houdini escapee,
the fearless wanderer etc. Everyone has also had to deal with the
loss ofthis sweetheart, from accident or disease, it really makes no
difference. I think to blast someone for an accident to the extent that
some have gone to in this forum is ridiculous. We all love ferrets or
we wouldn't belong to this mailing list.

Our ferret like Ping was Bob Younger, he was the most explosive,
fearless ferret ever and he died slowly from diabetes. It ripped our
hearts out and I can't even imagine having someone blast me because
they thought perhaps we didn't do enough or should have sought a
different solution for him. We all do the best we can but accidents
happen just the same. Ferrets are like eternal 2 years olds and you
just can't watch them every single second of every day. So just let
it go, try to remember what it felt like when your last ferret passed
to the bridge and the pain that went with that passing. There for the
grace of God goes everyone of us.

Kim Trusty