From:
Butterfly Love <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 May 2002 08:45:58 -0700
First I would like to thank everyone who replied to me about ideas on what
her air chewing could be.  However...... Here is the final diagnoses:

I did take Dolly to the vet today.  I have a great vet.  Turns out Dolly
had some swollen lymphnodes.  She did an aspirate only to find that Dolly
has Lymphosarcoma.  Dolly is under a year old.  Dolly is now on Carafate
(sp), and Pred.  We discussed the options of xray and ultrasound to find
out how far along she is with her illness, but to be franke about it, I
don't want to know.  I do know that a month ago when taken to vet for
toenails she didn't have 4 swollen nodes.  The vet has also stated that
in her personal experience about chemo, there really wasn't that much
difference in lifespan.  So with this diagnoses we gave Dolly 4+ weeks
to live.

It is my honest and humble opinion, that Dolly is still reacting from
loosing her mate.  She took it very very hard.  I mean within a week after
her mate had passed (this last winter), she had a UTI so quickly and so
badly it was bleeding.  Then the nails got ill, and now this.  I am
thinkin she would just rather be with her mate than here with the two she
is with.  However I do understand.  Sometimes we can go on, sometimes even
we as humans pass soon after our life mate has passed.

I told the vet I was ok with this.  I understand Dolly and what is going
on.  The vet gave me a paticular sign to watch for as an end in sight.
This way we can euthanize her and lay her to rest when the day comes.
That day will be hard for me...... I hope it doesn't come anytime soon.

Anyway, I just wanted everyone to know what was going on with Dolly.  As
well to thank everyone for thier input.

Yvonne~~

PS
We had such a strong storm last nite... first bolt of lightening, and
roar of thunder, we lost electricity and that lasted almost four hours...
as well my phone went out, and I am still awaiting for repair on that.
Gotta LOVE mother nature :)

=====
If you are gonna DREAM, dream BIG!  Our thoughts do manifest!