From:
Grace Sylvan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Feb 1996 23:50:00 PST
The person who voiced their opinion that ECE was simply a stress reaction
has had it easy, I think.  While they did say that treatment is the same, no
matter what, I have a different perspective.

I owned 4 ferrets, each lived to be approximately 7 years old.  I originally
lived in NJ, and those ferrets were handled by everyone, went to extreme
places like Pennsic War (camping for 2 weeks!), and were always cared for,
although they thrived the best in the windowed walk-in-closet with a top of
the window mounted fan in the summer and close window in the winter - but I
never got green diarrhea as a result.  Maybe I was extremely lucky, or maybe
those symptoms just weren't around 5-15 years ago.  I could not have missed
'bright green'.

--
Tigger (Grace Sylvan)                Mom of Katherine Yelena, 6,
[log in to unmask]              Robin Gregory, 3.5