Date:
Fri, 9 Mar 2007 10:43:36 EST
>I had someone in the know tell me that one thing that (with enough
>people doing it) could help get Ohio to have decent animal welfare
>would be if people from out of state wrote to tourist attractions in
>Ohio with copies sent to the Ohio Tourism Board and told them that
>they would not be vacation destinations this year due to the terrible
>animal welfare conditions at pet farms in Ohio, but that you know that
>if these places complain about business lost to the tourism board that
>you are sure it can make a difference to state regulations and as a
>result in your future vacation choices.

I really wish people would stop promoting strict animal laws in Ohio.
If you don't live in Ohio it is unfair to push for laws which would
affect those of us who do. It could be that if it was your state you'd
think twice. I know many people here have multiple ferrets which are
often subject to limit laws and these laws often restrict shelters as
well. Not to mention there are a high number of well known ferret show
breeders in Ohio. Depending on which laws were to be passed these
breeders may be forced to stop due to high breeding fees, limit laws,
mandatory S/N or high fees per year per intact animal. Such things
need to be thought about as a whole before being blindly accepted and
promoted due to people's emotions.

Besides, who here vacations even in Ohio?

Nikki