From:
Risa Di Vincenzo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Oct 2000 00:17:44 -0400
Wow Tarie.  I have to say I disagree with you regarding your opinions on
this FML.  I am amazed by the amount of education available on it.  The
amount of pure medical information, personal experience tips, and general
ferret safety guidelines is unbelievable.

In addition to all that the personal factor is, to me, one of the FML's
strongest attributes.  There is a lot of support out there for those that
need it.  Fuzzies are wonderful animals but they are very vunerable and
sometimes their care can be overwhelming.  I think it's wonderful that
people can share their experiences and tragedies.  Any support, emotional
or educational, is helpful.

Obviously you can't get all the medical information you need from this
post.  That is why people recommend other infomative sites and books.
By the way, even entertaining stories are useful.  Years ago I ferret-sat
for my cousin.  Wish I had known then about joyful war dances.  I was
terrified and couldn't get the "crazy" ferret back in his cage fast enough!

As you can tell I am a big fan of personal stories, be them from ferrets or
their humans.  Hey, fuzzies are all about fun, aren't they?!  Why not share
the good stuff too?  I think this list is nicely balanced.

I'm not sure how slow you type, but I haven't seen a single post that could
have possibly taken "hours" to write.  (*except some of the medical ones,
but hey, I'm glad they took the time!) In reading these posts it becomes
evident that we all spend a lot of time with our ferrets.  Haven't you
noticed how much they sleep - that's when I hit the computer.  (otherwise
one usually guilts me into leaving the desk to go play (-: )

Well, maybe you think this post reads like a Hallmark card, but I just
wanted to support this list and ALL it's posters (especially the fuzzies!)

Thank you BIG for making this FML possible  (-: