From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Mon, 31 Jan 1994 17:31:24 -0500
Hi everyone, I'm new to internet, but not to ferrets and BBS's.  I have two
ferrets, Zoe (7months) and Ayla (3 months). Before that, back when we lived
in Maryland, we had another ferret, Pea-Brain, for a few years.
Unfortunatly, we now live in a state (CA) that is a great bit backwards in
its pet legislation.  Hopefully that will change soon, but for now, we
appologize for the "Anonymous" heading.

To: Stephen Horton:
I think the new "personality" is just a result of the surgery (=lots of pain)
and she must have gotten a mistrust of humans in general.  Once the scar is
healed, and the discomfort stops, Abilgail will probably stop bitting as
much.  Meanwhile, I would suggest lots of attention, with a treat of
Safflower oil( in a small dispenser bottle such as a hair coloring
applicator) everytime you pick her up, and invest in a bottle in Bitter
Apple.  About 10 minutes before picking her up, or playing with her, spray
some Bitter Apple on your hands and socks/feet, and let it dry.  If she tries
to bite after that, she will get a bad taste and stop it real fast...

To: Rochelle
Buy a humidifier.  It really helps cut down static electricity!

To Yeal Dragwyla:
There are two well informed persons at AOL who would know about shelters and
breeders in WA.  they can be reached at:
     [log in to unmask]     (I think she's in WA somewhere)
     [log in to unmask]     (I think she's from PA.)
Both of them have HUGE lists of shelters and ferret breeders...  Good luck.

That's all for now, I have to go rescue Ayla who managed to climb up on the
top ledge of the futton, but is too scared to come down.... these darn
fuzzies...

Tiago