From:
Judith White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Apr 2005 14:02:54 -0400
Nicole, your very cute story about the silly things your ferrets do in
the middle of the day is just the kind of story that used to make the FML
so much fun to read.  New ferret guardians especially love to read about
everyone else's ferrets, and it gives them a sense of what is "normal"
(ha!) and fun about having a ferret.  I wish more people posted stories
like this every day.  Ferret care, ferret questions, tributes to the
deceased and advertising are all so serious that a list full of it
doesn't reflect the reason we all love our fur kids and keep adopting
too many of them :)  These guys are silly and fun.

Everyone who is following this argument should resolve to post their
favorite ferret story soon, even if they posted it in the past.  Ongoing,
people who like to tell about their guys should try to post now and then
when they see or remember a funny or interesting ferret behavior.

If I hadn't read a funny post years ago about a ferret who liked to
drink out of a bowl *through* the sleeve of a sweatshirt, I wouldn't have
identified the problem in my ferret cage recently.  Why was there no
water in the bowl?  Why was there a towel in the bowl leaching all the
water away?  Why did rearranging things not fix the problem?  Ah ha!
Bentley, the newest guy, must have decided he likes to drink water
through a towel.  Sure enough.  No more towels in that part of the cage
and now everyone can drink even after Bentley has snorkled the bottom of
the bowl.

Blessings,
Judith