Date:
Sat, 21 Oct 2006 12:33:31 -0400
>From:    Caryn Heffner <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Pet Supplies Plus issue
>
>Before everyone starts boycotting Pet Supplies Plus stores please take
>note that these are franchises. They are not a national company under
>one owner and one set of rules.

You are correct about the franchises; however, it was their regional
mgr AND the customer service person at their NATIONAL HEADQUARTERS who
made this decision. And considering the amount of laughing at me this
regional mgr Craig did while on the phone w/ me, & the number of lies
customer service person Linda told my husband over the phone (not to
mention the childish way she simply hung up on him when the questions -
like, "isn't this about the *animals*?" - got too difficult for her to
bluff her way through), yes, it *does* involve their national HQ.

In which case, I think this *should* be brought to corporate's
attention. Even if it just one store, they should be made to realize
that that the problem needs to be fixed, & that it could happen to
*any* store, to *anyone*. I ran a business for 12 yrs. The customer
is always right, & any business somewhat interested in making money &
*staying* in business, will sink if it doesn't pay attention to their
customers.

And secondly:

>From:    Cinnamon Sprite <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: Banned from entering Pet Supplies Plus! [LONG]
>
>Do I understand correctly? You are asking the entire ferret community
>to boycott a franchise simply because you're feeling insulted by being
>asked to not return to one of their stores?

No, I am not. Please read my original post more closely. They had a
ferret in there *who was chewing on a plastic litterbox, & that section
of the litterbox was already missing small pieces*. They banned me
from their store, cos I had the unmitigated gall to *bring it to their
attention.*

And, for the record, I specifically stated that I'm not telling people
how to respond to this. I told the story, suggested that if anyone
here was *so inclined* to no longer shop there, & wanted to tell the
corporate HQ *why*, here's their contact info. So no, I'm not asking
*anyone* to fight my battles for me. I'm quite capable of fighting my
own battles, thank you. But as I also stated, this could haved happened
to *any of us*, & if *any of us* thinks the whole situation is
ludicrous (& yes, it is), here's what they could do If They Wanted To.

Now, back to the situation at hand. Let's say they sold that ferret, &
the owners bring back said ferret a couple days later, all dead-like,
cos of an intestinal blockage. Are you saying that it's *wrong* for
someone to alert the store mgrs to that possibile scenario, & do
something about it? Are you saying that it's the store's *right* to
keep their animals in a situation where they may be doing something
that could eventually *kill* them?

Or is it just that *I'm* not allowed to?

> ~shaking my head~

So am I.

Lin, Ariel, Oberon, Max, Puck, & Ivan