From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Sep 2002 17:51:35 -0400
Luigi: Your post bring a few things to mind with the most prominent
two being mega-Esphogus (which was recently in a number of great FHL
discussions) and ulcers.  My best suggestion is that you go to the FHL
and to the FHL Archives (in case some of the recent mega-E stuff is not
yet in give all the work involved and our busy schedules).

Here are the addresses:
http://fhl.sonic-weasel.org/
----

>I know I should take both of them to the vet but here is the rub, I
>can't even pay all my medical bills let alone a vet bill.  If I can do
>something on my own to help them that is great!  Otherwise, I will have
>to let things go as they are with what I know to do.  Any ideas or
>suggestions here?  Like I said, I don't need the flames just good advice
>for my fuzzies.

Yep.  We have traded home cooked meals and help alerting sites to a vet's
move for a couple of house visits recently since we are without an income
right now and also have sick four and two legged family members.  I have
read of folks who traded webpage design, mopping, cage cleaning, even
accounting.  (Meanwhile our budget book, doing more work ourselves --
food, carpentry, sewing etc -- , and strict scrimping have let us cut
back non-essentials and even some essentials like utilities and food
costs; we don't cut vet care, though!)
----

That menu had me in stitches!