From:
Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Apr 2000 15:49:38 -0500
Interesting experience this weekend.  There were 14 ferrets that were to
be moved on a long trip (5 hours) in computer boxes.  To prevent this from
happening, Nancy, Tina, and I made a 12 hour (our total time) trip to
transport the ferrets safely.  I can honestly say that had these ferrets
been transported in boxes, several would have died.  I explained that to
the person but to no avail.  I also explained that in our state, doing
something that you know will harm the animals constitutes cruelty.  I was
accused of threatening this person when all I did was explain the law.
sigh.  We were also told that they expected more from ferret people (this
from someone I've helped numerous times before).  sigh.  sigh.

Oh well.  The important part is that the ferrets were delivered safely and
alive to their new home where they will be very much loved and well cared
for.

Please, if you are ever in a similar situation, contact local rescue
organizations, humane societies, vets, shelters, any animal related
organization, post to the fml to ask for help.  There are people willing to
help, you only need to ask.  If not, it may be you that has to face the
fact that YOU killed your ferret.

Putting toys away -
Awhile back I posted that I was my ferrets' favorite toy.  Last evening
Tiny decided I needed to be put away.  She ever so gently latched onto my
finger (after taking 5 minutes to find the best and softest hold to
accomplish her task), jumped off the futon, went down the hallway, through
the kitchen, down the first set of stairs and into the dog house on the
landing.  All the while she had my finger in her mouth (picture this human
walking bent over trying to keep up with this 6" high ferret).  BUT, there
was no way I could fit in the dog house.  She's such a good girl, putting
her toys away. :-)

Hugs to all. tle
Troy Lynn Eckart
Ferret Family Services