From:
Ann Gruden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Aug 2010 21:31:44 -0400
Wanted to update the FML readers and those caring folks who offered
to help us out with our recent spike in ferret numbers.

We promoted and held an adoption marathon over the past 10 days.
Vanessa managed to place 14 ferrets includes 2 old timers in foster
homes! Happy to say FACT's shelter is in excellent shape right now,
which is good!

We have heard nothing about the 16 :(  The caller just left voice mail
and an address requesting info on the give up process. V tried calling
the caller id number several times but never got a machine or response.

She also inserted a note with our info packet to call us with further
info to see how we can help. Again, have heard nothing. We are hoping
that either circumstances changed or they have been rehomed by the
owner.

FACT monitors Craigslist and areal papers, but nothing has shown up
there. Fortunately, they know we exist, and that's most important.

Many thanks to those of you who sent offers of help and to those who
I know wished they could!

We learned sometimes all it takes is a small nudge to put folks who
have been thinking of adopting to make an appointment! I can't stress
enough the importance of keeping a database of adopters, donors, and
folks who have called or written for information. Many of the folks
came via our email notice and through referrals from people on the
list who "knew someone" who had been thinking of adopting.

Ann