From:
Kathleen Dodson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Sep 1998 23:44:15 -0700
Hi there ferret enthusiasts, I am a new member and I am pretty excited to
become a part of a group of fellow ferret addictees, of which I have no
interest of ever recovering.

Yes, I too am a victim of ferret math...Which started over 3 years ago
with Hobson, hey what can I say, I thought she was a boy and I didn't know
then what I know now, so please forgive the silly naming.  Well Hobson is
no longer with us and I believe I learned a very hard lesson on ferret
proofing, but I never believed it possible for an animal to rip through a
screen and she was an active jumper and climber.

Sorry, I guess I am being depressing and I did have a little thing I wanted
to share.

Alfred is my newest kit, 3 months old, and he loves fresh deli oven roasted
Turkey, which we have no longer any choice to provide as my boys turn their
noses up at anything but Turkey for treats.  I don't even give them raisens
too much since they love cooked meat so much.  (Sorry if there are any
Vegetarians reading this, but we are meat eaters at our house).  He quickly
learned the best begging techniques and I have always been a sucker for the
"flat ferret" routine.  Well he may set a record... The longest "flat
ferret" routine I have ever seen maybe lasted a few seconds, well he did it
for at least a minute, only it's so cute I can't stand and of course he has
me well trained already.  Tasha does "flat ferret" too but she can't hold
still for more than a few seconds and she prefers the sad eyed look, as
does Daxter, my other girl.  Toby will usually stands up on his hind legs
when he really wants something.

Well if anyone is interested in our stats...

Tobias: 2 years, 3 months, 3 lbs, silver mit, brown nose and head the group,
cats as well.  He loves uncovered legs of unsuspecting humans to nip, loves
to cuddle and is known to give kisses.

Tasha: 1 year 6 months, 2 1/4 lbs, silver mit, freckle nose, interests
include: shooting tubes, flying, climbing, towel riding, chirping and much
dancing.  Her favorite past time is toe nibbling under the covers, Chris
least favorite type of alarm clock.  Holding still is something she is
currently only capable of when sleeping and eating and if she could eat
while dancing she probably would.

Daxter: 2 years, 2 lbs, sable, dirty nose, likes to dook under the covers
and is a war dance expert as well as she is Alred's mentor and teacher.  She
has recently learned to climb closet shelves from Tasha and is an excellent
wrestler.  She has been known to take on ferrets of up to 5 lbs.  Daxter is
my rescue story, she lived in a poorly tended cage with no handling for 10
months, when I purchased her for 60.00.  She was not only a biter she loved
to draw blood.  I am glad to say all she needed was someone to handle her
who wasn't afraid of being bitten and she no longer bites, only occasionally
nibbles when she wants to wrestle and she has learned to give kisses
safely!!!

Alfred: 3 months, 1 3/4 lbs already, siamese sable ( I believe that is what
it is called) pink nose, sweet temperment, never bit in his life.  He loves
to eat, esp Turkey of course and is learning dancing, chirping, climbing and
tubing at an amazing rate.

Well, it has been fun to brag...

Kathleen, Toby, Tasha, Dax & Alfie