From:
Modern Ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 May 2001 02:18:33 -0400
I realized that I failed to point out this important tidbit yesterday, so
I present it here:

This has been a very public issue with lots of television and newspaper
coverage.  At the original DOH hearing to ban ferrets, at the City Heath
Council hearing, AND at this hearing before Mayor Giuliani -- at no time
did any citizen speak against ferrets.

Certainly any concerned citizen who wanted ferrets to not be legal would
have had the opportunity to speak at at least one of these hearings.  The
_only_ people who have spoken against ferrets at these hearings have been
from the Department of Health, City Council members who were against the
bill, and Mayor Giuliani himself.

- Eric
Modern Ferret Magazine - For ferret owners. By ferret owners.
Mary & Eric Shefferman & the Fuzzies:
Trixie, Balthazar, Cauliflower, Koosh, and Gabrielle
http://www.modernferret.com  -  http://www.modernferretstore.com