From:
JOHN RICH <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 May 2005 02:24:55 -0400
I am sorry, but the post here yesterday, about credentials, was quite
interesting.  Sukie, do you feel a need to 'check' up on 'claims' made
by people here on the fml, about their "credentials"?  I really do not
remember many credentials being posted here, but I`ve only been here
with the fml for under a year.  Maybe I did not get the jist of your
statement.  But, I think we all know to TAKE WITH A GRAIN OF SALT what
is read here, about people`s 'credentials'.  Is there an honest NEED
to 'look up' poster`s credentials?  I think, as with your many years
associated with ferrets and ferret health, sukie, that personal
"experiences" of owners, whether perceived or simply mentioned, are
as good a credential needed to honestly post here with actual ferret
experience.  I always read, and, if needed for info., your addresses to
websites pertaining to whichever particular answer to the posted question
is there.  They have NEVER left me with questions unanswered.  Please, do
not ever stop!

But, other than the overseas cred. problem you mentioned, I do not see
the need to "begin checking", and "finding several FML people", who do
not have the 'credentials' they are widely perceived to have, "or have
claimed educational backgrounds, or even degrees, which they do not
have".  ??  Is this a 'needed' course of action?  Let`s not begin an era
of 'fml police', and have those who DO have some credentials, afraid to
state them, for fear of someone looking up one`s background!

Are these people you mentioned, still on the fml?  I wonder.... maybe I
should stop wondering too?....
john rich (I`d like to put "esq.") LOL,
   & the n.j. gang of the geriatric three.