From:
Jason and Cheryl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Jul 2003 07:43:39 -0700
Much thanks to everyone who has emailed and posted to my concern about
Jack's pale gums.

I am going to try and get him into my Vet in the next few days.  I wish I
didnt have to wait, but as unfortunately I have to until Friday to see if
my husband can get his paycheck early.  After a brief phone call to my
vet's office, it seems that the blood work will cost between 60 and 100
dollars, so Im hoping she might bill me for the visit and just let us
just pay for the testing for now.  Until then Ill be watching Jack
carefully and monitoring how much he is eating and drinking.  When I get
the results I certainly will let you know what is going on with our poor
sweet boy.

I am late on this update, but better late then never I've always thought.

Some may remember my Fuzzy Baby Max who was having dental issues, well we
got him all fix up.  We lovingly call him gums now..  because he lost his
upper canines, and premolar 1 and 2 on his upper plate.  It cost 500
dollars (the reason why right now we're so tight financially) but he's
doing great, fat and sassy, and has no trouble at all eating his kibble
or wrestling the younger babies.  The funny boy wouldn't even touch the
wet cat food we had for his first couple days home, but the first chance
he got out he was in the cat bowl crunching down their hard kibble!  Now
his only problem seems to be working his lower canines under his upper
gums..  its really rather funny, because he licks and tilts his head from
side to side, looking like an old man chewing his gums, until he gets his
canines settled

Much much much love to Rene who sent her love and concern, as well as
helped with the bill.  Every little bit helped !  I've not forgot to get
you the picture of our 'Toothless Aggression" but the boy doesn't hold
still for a moment!

Anyway..

I will post when I know what is happening with Jack,
Prayers and Blessings greatly appreciated,

Cheryl and the 7 Trouble Bums.